Thursday, December 27, 2007

How the world sees "Evangelicals"

Hello amigos,

I've been out of circulation for a while, what with Christmas services, tryptophan-induced naps, and overdosing on eggnog. But I'm back now, and rearing to go. By the way, what does that mean anyway--"rearing to go"? I think it must be some kind of equestrian reference, but I'm not sure.

In my recent reading I have come across several articles that show evangelical Christians in a very negative light. This to me is a serious issue, and it gets me hopping mad. Of course, I do not really expect the world to like us. Jesus warned His disciples that the world would, in fact, hate them. That has proven true down through the centuries.

However, I'm an eternal optimist and I keep holding out hope that we will at least win their begrudging admiration. I keep wanting to believe that non-Christian people will see some consistency between our walk and our talk and start to connect up the dots to see that evangelical Christians have something worth investigating.

The problem is that there are lots of very visible bad examples on so-called "Christian television," and those wing-nuts and moon-bats end up giving every Christian a black eye. The world has a hard time sorting out the wheat from the chaff when the chaff have their own TV shows on TBN, and they call themselves, "evangelical Christians." Makes me never want to use that word again to describe myself.

This is a comedy clip that you may or may not laugh at. It's funny, because it is so ridiculous. But it is sad, too, because these people have millions of brain-dead believers who keep them on the air by sending in their nickels and dimes. I think it's time to starve them out and get them off the air. That's my opinion, for what it's worth.



Still crazy, but not crazy enough to send any of these crooks any money.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything here. I look forward to feedback from you.