Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Jumped... Finally!

Hello my twisted friends,

I promised that I would report back after my big skydive adventure. After two aborted attempts because of bad weather my friend, Dave Hopkins, and I finally made the jump last Wednesday, Aug. 26th at approximately 3:00 PM. IT WAS AMAZING!

I've got to tell you, that was the best $189.00 I've ever spent in my life. What a rush! Call me crazy if you want. I've already owned up to that anyway. But don't knock it until you've tried it.

All suited up and waiting our turn.


Dave and I waiting for the plane.

Heading out to the field to get on the jump plane.


Our ride awaits us. No turning back now!


That's me!


Survivors from 13,000 feet!

I would recommend skydiving to anyone. The scenery was beautiful both on the way up and the way down. This was something I've wanted to do for many years. Now I can't wait to do it again. I can see how it could become addictive. The sensation is more of soaring than of falling. I'm now jealous of the birds.

The leaping lunatic,
Mike

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment on anything here. I look forward to feedback from you.